The Youth Pastor is primarily responsible for the development of the Youth Ministry at MCBC.
To lead, develop and grow the youth and life development ministry of the church,
both in evangelism and pastoral care. The youth and life development ministry groups
in the church at present are Fusion, Catalyst, Uni Group and Mandarin.
Selection Criteria includes:
A pastor who can facilitate a number of different approaches to discipleship and mentoring
(eg: connecting youth from different congregations that differ in formats/culture;
cultivating a welcoming ethos).
A pastor with a gift of teaching, who can communicate a comprehensive understanding of the Bible
and Christian theology in terms that are relevant to people’s lives including those
without a church background
• A pastor with special gifts in nurturing
faith in children and youth.
• A pastor with an ability to identify,
develop and support leadership – both current and potential
Who can lead a congregation into vibrant experiences of encounter with God.
• A pastor who can lead the youth into missional engagement with its community
• who is able to move beyond the “talk” and get the “doing” happening;
• who is skilled at using creative processes to help a congregation understand and formulate strategies for its local missional context;
• Competent Preacher/Teacher – effective communicator
• Sense of Call
• Has had experience in Pastoral Ministry; especially Youth and Young Adult
• Devoted to the Bible
• Pastoral Heart
• Spirit-filled Leader
• Team Person
Relates warmly to people both inside & outside the Church
Visionary and strategic thinker
• Equipper of People
• Good Listener
A Position Description including the Key areas of responsibility and
Selection Criteria are available upon request. Please contact Pastor Steve,
CrossGen Lead Pastor at
or call the church office, on +61 3 9855 2868.
All submissions must include an up to date CV or Resume,
and must address the selection criteria as outlined.
Closing date for applications is Friday 31st March, 2017.